|Library and Links|
11/29/2015: Comcast Franchise - Now Being Renegotiated - What Does it Have to Do with Broadband?
- Public meeting - Tuesday, December 1, 6:30 PM, War Memorial Building
- What is the Comcast Franchise?
- What is the Comcast Franchise NOT?
- What Does the City Get in Return from Comcast?
- What is the Relevance of the Franchise to Broadband?
- Are Baltimore Customers Satisfied with Comcast?
7/19/2015: Baltimore Broadband Responds to Smart City Task Force Report
7/12/2015: Moving from Words to Actions on Fixing Broadband in Baltimore
- Read smart city task force report
- Write to task force and your elected officials with your comments regarding the task force reports and your ideas on broadband
6/15/2015: Your Voice is Very Important
- City soon to release smart city task force report
- Broadband survey open - Please participate
- Read survey comments by respondents
4/12/2015: Broadband Coalition Continues to Work on a Number of Fronts to Achieve Campaign Goals
- Fiber providers contact coalition
- Work on Request for Information
- BBC ideas presented to leadership of Mayor's smart city task force
10/6/2014: Mount Royal Improvement Association Invites BBC - Spread the Word
9/1/2014: Digital Divide, Digital Literacy and Digital Injustice
- What is the digital divide?
- How is the digital divide relevant to Baltimore?
- How is the Campaign addressing the digital divide?
- Volunteers needed
8/24/2014: Speed and Performance
- What speed do I have?
- What speed do I need?
- What can DSL, cable and fiber achieve?
8/17/2014: Shedding Light on Fiber and What that Means to Our Campaign
- How is fiber different from cable (Comcast) or DSL (Verizon) and why is fiber deployment critical to our campaign?
- How, where and when will we see fiber deployment occuring?
- How does this campaign influence the type of fiber deployment?
- Who owns the fiber and manages the fiber and what difference does it make?
- Public meetings to explain the campaign
7/20/2014: Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
- Why ask backers to pay $10?
- What do I get for my $10?
- What is CrowdFiber's role?
- Are campaign funds being used to pay CrowdFiber (or its parent, Civitium) for use of the platform, consulting or other services?
- What can I do to help?
- When important national issues relevant to the BBC occur, we will alert backers